Recommended Field Guides:
Corkran, C. C. & C. Thoms. Amphibians of Oregon, Washington and British Columbia.
Leonard, W. P., R. M. Storm, H. A. Brown, L. L. C. Jones, K. R. McAllister. Amphibians of Washington and Oregon.
Nussbaum, R. A., E. D. Brodie, and R. M. Storm. 1983. Amphibians and Reptiles of the Pacific Northwest.
Stebbins, R. C. Western Reptiles and Amphibians. Houghton Mifflin Publishing
Northwest Herp Web Resources:
- The Washington Herp Atlas. The Atlas Project is a cooperative project of the Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), and US Forest Service (USFS).
- Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation(PARC)
- Northwest Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (NWPARC)
- NatureMapping. You can enter your own data as well as view the a state wide database.
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- iNaturalist – enter your own data and view others data on many taxa. We are using this platform for data management at WCAMP.
Pilliod, D.S. and E. Wind (editors) 2008. Habitat Management Guidelines for Amphibian and Reptiles of the Northwestern United States and Western Canada. Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation, Technical Publication HMG-4, Birmingham, AL 139 pp. Available via http://www.parcplace.org.
Olson, D. H., W.P. Leonard, R.B. Bury. 1997. Sampling Amphibians in Lentic Habitats: methods and approaches for the Pacific Northwest. 133 pp. Available via(note this book is only available through the Society for Northwest Vertebrate Biology: http://www.thesnvb.org/nwf-titles.html)
Oregon Spotted Frog:
Danilson, Chris, Cindy Johnson and Carmella Bauman. August 2013. Oregon Spotted Frog Presence Surveys in Skagit and Whatcom Counties. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Bohannon, J., D. Gay, C. Johnson, M. Widner and C. Bauman. June 2012. Oregon Spotted Frog presence surveys in Skagit and Whatcom Counties, Washington. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Hallock, Lisa. 2013. Draft State of Washington Oregon Spotted Frog Recovery Plan. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia 93 +vv pp. (attached below).
Jackson, V. 2013. Oregon Spotted Frog Survey 2012, Erholm Property, Whatcom County, WA. Whatcom Land Trust.
Fish and Amphibians:
A link to literature on this topic: PARC Fish ad Amphibian Resources
WCAMP Survey Results:
Jackson, V. 2012. Whatcom County Amphibian Monitoring Program, Citizen Science Amphibian Monitoring Egg